Many people who pick at the farm graciously share their recipe ideas with us. This particular one sounds so good, I had to share it with you. It’s particularly interesting because they used our Wild Blueberry Maple Topping (formerly Fusion) as the base. This gluten free recipe was adapted from the Cookie and Kate website. We hope you will enjoy it.
- 2 – 8 oz containers of Wild Berry Farm – Wild Blueberry/Maple topping.
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch or 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest (less than 1 small lemon, zested—scale back to ¼ teaspoon zest if you don’t love lemon)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 to 2 lemons)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Gluten-free oat and almond topping
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup packed almond meal or almond flour
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (Greek or regular), or additional melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Empty the Wild Blueberry Maple Topping into a 9 by 9-inch baking dish. Add arrowroot or cornstarch, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon and gently mix.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the oats, almond meal/flour, sliced almonds, brown sugar and salt. Mix in the butter and yogurt. Stir until all of the flour is incorporated and the mixture is moistened throughout.
- Dollop spoonfuls of the oat mixture over the filling and use your fingers to break up the mixture until it is evenly distributed (no need to pack it down).
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is actively bubbling around the edges and the top is lightly golden. Let the crisp rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.