Our Wild Blueberries small and tasty, but the season is short. However, due to their small size, they freeze well and maintain their flavor for up to 10 months. Because each blueberry freezes individually, it is easy to use only the amount you need.
Freezing is easy and requires very little work. Here are a few pointers to ensure the best results:
- Do not rinse your berries and be sure they are dry before freezing. If you place them in the refrigerator for a day it should ensure they are free of excess moisture.
- If you have excess moisture, or decide to rinse them prior to freezing, you can place them on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Place the berries in the freezer in their original containers or transfer them to resealable plastic bags.
- If you didn’t wash your blueberries before freezing them, rinse them just before use.
- For best results, use within 10 months.
Using this method allows you to enjoy our blueberries well past the blueberry season. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.